Monday, April 03, 2006

 
For 4/3

9 am talk net check in.

Also talked to Gordon West about using his Morse Code method on a local repeater (W6JWS-2m). He said yes and wants us to use the "6 CD set." I'll order one presently.

Now it's time to drum up interest and figure out the operations details...

Got home too late for a CW QSO, so did some Code Quick and Morse Runner (12/12 and was just about to put #13 in the log when time ran out... Where have I heard that one before???)

73 de WyreRider

For 4/2

Sunday's largest effort was helping get the 802.11 link going from Ron's (K6EXT) house to the K6FB repeater shack going. I wasn't much direct help, although I did configure the router to forward the web server. oh... wow...

I was quickly tapped however to do maintenance on the KI6EH packet BBS system. I cleaned up the database, renumbered the messages, checked the disks for errors and defragmented them.

After the internet is working, I'm tasked to get a Telpac node set up.

The good news?
There is already a nicely positioned VHF antenna on the mast.

The bad news?
It is currently tuned for 156 MHz (the police band) rather than 145.something (the ham band). Hopefully it will be "good enough" so that a tower climb isn't needed.

The evening wrapped up with a nice CW QSO with Greg KI6CK.

Finally, recorded my 40m noise and forwarded it to several of my Elmers. JV believes it is power line noise. Craig thinks it is a controller, light dimmer or electric motor. And Jeff? Jeff suggests hunting it with an AM broadcast band or shortwave radio.

Sigh. I've never done this before and have absolutely no insight into what I'm supposed to be doing. Argh! Help?!?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?