Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 
Lots for today and I'm tired/need to sleep, so I'll get an outline down and maybe edit it to fill in later.

+++++

Joined Adventure Radio Society. #2122 yea!

+++++

9am talk net.

+++++

Checked into the noon-time net on 40m from the work shack. Lots of noise, but did the best I could with the rig's filters. I want to make a couple CW QSOs from that shack too. Maybe tomorrow.

+++++

Ran the Santa Cruz County and San Lorenzeo Valley ARES nets.

+++++

CW QSO with Hap (KQ6YV)

Poor Sam couldn't hear us on 10m. Did get Telpac to work for him though.

+++++

Analyzed the antenna improvements.

The center of the G5RV Junior is up about 24 ft. Both ends are at about 20 ft.

The ends used to be at 8 ft and maybe 12 ft.

I'm sure that Jeff feels that the SWR measurements taken through 50 feet of RG-8 feedline aren't valid, but they're what I have.

I dropped from 1.9 down to 1.7 on the low end of 40m. It stayed the same on the higher end.

30m was the same

20m dropped from 3.3 to 2.5 at the low end, with a similar drop across the band.

17m stayed the same

15m dropped from 6.6 to 6, across the band

12m dropped from 6.2 to 5.2

10m and 6m stayed the same.

So, "minor improvements" but I'm pleased I was actually able to measure a difference (and it was in the right direction.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?