Thursday, April 27, 2006

 
Tried to check into the "Gordo" ARES/Rescue net again this morning.

Conditions were still really bad, but I stopped at the "Piddle Point" up near the summit of highway nine. JV (K6HJU), Dave (W8FLL) and Craig (AE6RR) were all hearable.

So we had a SLV mini-version of the 40m net.

Noontime was too busy to get on the radio.

Ran the SLVARC net this evening. 5 people: Tom KG6AO, Brad KD6ZJN, Donya KI6DAR and Sam KE6ZRW made it in.

After net Sam checked in for some SLV slow speed CW practice. He worked through a couple of "bumps" and we went at it for about 45 minutes.

Tomorrow I get to go to the bank & post office for a new toy.

Hopefully that will leave some time for a little QRP in the Park, but maybe not.

If I'm feeling like beating myself up, I'll focus on working weak stations for a while... :-)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?