Thursday, February 01, 2007

 
Futzing around with the sx/260 and my UPS.

The goal is to have the sx/260 running a Telpac node and be able to ride through any minor (up to about one hour) power outage.

So I needed to install the UPS software.

GAG! The software weenies have taken over the world "UPS Server" "UPS Agent" "UPS Console"

GAG! GAG! I _just_ want to have the UPS tell the computer to gracefully shutdown.

I don't want to "play" network administrator.

And after all this? I still probably have the computer plugged into a "surge" outlet rather than a "UPS" outlet.

Need to check more tomorrow.

Not to mention that the network equipment UPS croaked a couple months ago. Prolly just needs new batteries, but... one more hassle.

Back at it...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?