Saturday, May 12, 2007

 
God Bless that unknown ham who brought his equipment to Eastbrook Elementary School in Los Altos, CA all those years ago...

I remember being knee high to a grasshopper and it being "love at first sight." Must have been in 3rd or 4th grade.

That's been too many years ago. The school has long since closed, but I can still picture the equipment and hear the sounds in my mind.

I observed that all the gear must have been pretty expensive and he replied that you could make your own. Even that was puzzling to my elementary school mind.

It didn't take more than couple of years before I was haunting the Explorer post and the Electronic Museum Amateur Radio club.

As I started, God Bless that man for all the enjoyment he unknowingly brought to my life.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?