Wednesday, September 12, 2007

 
So, after a somewhat traumatic day, I plopped myself down in front of the radio.

Nobody home on 20m and 30m so I start at the low end of 40m and work my way up.

7.0029 MHz. KE3/?V ??? Huh?

Nope... CE3/VE7SV. Weak, but copyable.

Try working him using the paddles a couple of times. Nope.

Set up the internal memory keyer in the Icom. Nope.

Finally decide I'm going to need more gun.

Find a RCA/RCA cable and hook the Icom up the AL-80a.

Try it into the MFJ dummy load that I have. RF feedback all over the place. Not good.

Find a "quiet" out of the way spot on 40m to tune up. DRAT, with the microKeyer down I don't have an easy CW tune mode. Oh well, kick it over to RTTY. Seems to tune OK. Clearing 500W easy. Does dim things a bit when I key...

Tune back down to 7.0029 Mhz.

He's not there anymore.

Tune back up to 7042 kHz or so and try a couple CQs. No takers.

Not my night. I'm gonna go eat worms.

Oh well, at least I have some cycles into the AL-80a now.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?